The Torch Trust aims can be summarised as enabling people with sight loss to discover Christian faith and lead fulfilling Christian lives. To achieve this we provide Christian resources and activities for blind and partially sighted people worldwide.
Torch Trust has a distinctive culture that reflects its Christian beliefs and has been shaped by its history of seeking to be faithful to Gods guidance.
Our values inform the choices made by Torch, what we do and the way we do it. Our Values are:-
We are a Christian mission and will seek to faithfully represent the Christian message in what we do and in what we say but we will never impose our faith or belief on others.
Torch is a Christian Mission working primarily with Christian organisations and Christian clients. This role requires that the appointed person is in close contact with our users and/or supporters who are likely to expect to be interacting with a Christian person and may be required to pray and share Christian experiences. It is therefore a requirement of Torch Trust for the Blind that the person appointed is able to accept the Torch Basis of Faith and has an active involvement in a Christian Church.
Role Regional Coordinator
Reports to David Palmer
Main Purpose Look for opportunities to initiate new Groups. To help support and develop the existing network of Torch Fellowship Groups with advice and encouragement. Be the advocate for Torch in the region and search out networking opportunities.
1. Seek to initiate new Groups in partnership with Torch House.
2. Networking: actively look for opportunities to represent and promote Torch with Churches, Social Services and Associations informing them of the resources that Torch has for blind and partially sighted people.
3. Link with and support existing Groups in the region; this involves an annual visit to the Group and/or leaders meeting.
4. Represent Torch at local exhibitions and mission events.
5. Keep up-to-date with the services Torch provides and promote the benefit of these wherever appropriate.
6. Attend induction and training sessions and the annual Regional Coordinators Conference.
7. Coordinate activities and share resources between Groups i.e. speakers, transport, holidays, good ideas etc.
8. Where appropriate, arrange joint events and activities for the Groups in the region.
Good communicator to small and medium sized groups
Expected hours Torch has a flexible approach to the hours for which
And pattern of an individual volunteers for the Trust. We anticipate
Volunteering that this role will be a minimum of half a day a week. Timing can be to suite the individual, but some weekend work will be involved as Fellowship Groups normally meet on a Saturday